I get LOTS of questions about event insurance. Although we’re insured as a venue, it’s important that you also purchase insurance for your wedding. Just like auto insurance covers you in an automobile accident, wedding and event insurance covers you if something unexpected happens during your wedding day. It also can provide host liquor liability, allowing you to serve alcohol at your event.
Here at Hawks Nest, we only require that you obtain event insurance if you’re serving alcohol. But even if you’re not serving alcohol, we highly recommend still purchasing event insurance. It provides peace of mind to your wedding day for a very minimal cost.
Check with your local insurance provider or find an online insurance service. We recommend Event Helper. For this blog post, every screenshot is taken directly from the Event Helper website.
How to get Event Insurance in 10 Easy Steps:
Put in the state and guest count for your wedding.
2. Put in your basic event details. Remember, if you’re hosting your rehearsal at Hawks Nest, you need to make sure you get two days worth of coverage. Follow the directions to the side to configure your combined daily attendance.
3. It’s important to get Host Liquor alcohol coverage. We also require that for Coverage Limits, you get at least $1,000,000 occurrence / $2,000,000 aggregate. We do not require the Waiver of Subrogation as we are not responsible for serving alcohol or negligence due to alcohol, but we require that you list Hawks Nest Weddings & Events, LLC as an additional insured (coming up in step #6)
4. Select your wedding date. Remember to include your rehearsal if applicable.
5. Select whether or not you want to purchase Wedding Cancellation Coverage. This is totally your choice to add or deny. It can serve as a huge help if you have to cancel due to something unexpected and out of your control.
6. Answer the following eligibility questions.
7. Enter your name & address.
8. List Hawks Nest Weddings & Events as your additional insured.
Hawks Nest Weddings & Events, LLC
Located at Hawks Nest Farm
1080 Combs Ferry Road
Winchester, KY 40391
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org — this emails me a copy of your insurance as soon as you complete it so you don’t have to worry about sending it to me later! It saves a step, so don’t forget to insert my email here
9. Agree to the terms & conditions
10. Add your payment information & purchase your insurance.
All done! One step closer to your wedding day If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to me at email@example.com. Although I’ve done a little research, I am NOT an insurance professional, so I also recommend speaking to an insurance provider you trust or contacting Event Helper directly with questions about insurance (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Be the first to comment